Level of Expertise
KBC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Product Designer with extensive front-end and back-end experience and skills.
Knowledge Based Consulting (KBC) is at the forefront of digital business design in Canada, pioneering the fusion of technology, strategy, and creativity. Our mission is to innovate how businesses interact with the digital world, offering cutting-edge solutions that combine design thinking with analytical insights. Joining our team means becoming part of a passionate group of design system enthusiasts who are dedicated to solving our customers' challenges with innovative solutions.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be an integral part of a team of passionate people who are creating and transforming the design and vision of various products into seamless and engaging user experiences. You will support the strategic design of user focused experiences throughout the entire design lifecycle. You will collaborate with clients, subject matter experts, scrum teams and other stakeholders to help turn business requirements, user needs and creative strategy into user-centered, effective, intuitive, & visually appealing products
As the successful candidate, would:
- Be a person that can own a design end-to-end and understand the relationship between good and UX and UI and enjoys delivering on both
- Participating in and leading UX activities such as user/design research, and interviews. Clearly delivering ideas to cross-functional teams.
- Creating and effectively presenting UX artifacts (journeys, sketches, wireframes, journey maps, low and mid-fidelity renderings, clickable prototypes, storyboards, etc.) to stakeholders, clients, and teams.
- Testing and validating deliverables with users through usability testing and participating in design reviews.
- Working closely with the development team to build products for the market while maintaining UX best practices.
- Working in an Agile team and completing committed backlog items within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Staying current on emerging trends in user-centered methodologies, accessibility, UI design patterns, usability principles, and web technologies.
- Teaching and coaching the team in developing their skills as Designers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, in multidisciplinary backgrounds such as psychology, computer science, information sciences, human/computer interface design, or graphic design.
- At least 5 years' experience in the role of UI/UX Designer, or Product Designer.
- Strong conceptual/creative thinking and design execution abilities in both visual and interactive design.
- Needs to be able to develop websites on Webflow.
- Have experience in Fintech Technology.
- Enthusiastic about design practices and methodologies and working in an agile environment.
- Lead exploratory design sessions (using tools like Miro and Figma to support), visualization workshops and other collaborative working sessions with team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Good proficiency in the use of industry software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision , Adobe CC, Adobe XD, Flinto, or other visual design and wireframing tools.
- Understands what user experiences work best for both web & mobile applications.
- Solid understanding of accessibility best practices, and an ability to create accessible products Usability testing.
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe your email to receive our exclusive newsletter directly in your inbox.